United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

M5 Competition Pack Exhaust for 550i/550xi

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I just had this competition pack exhaust installed on my 550 this week. I have put in a lot of research to order parts, fabricate tubing and more. The exhaust sounds fantastic with a deep rumble but unfortunately is not fitting with my sleeper theme and I think someone else can appreciate it more.

The exhaust is definitely louder than stock at WOT but not by much under part throttle and cruising on the highway. Where things really come alive is at 3000 RPM+ when the exhaust flap opens. My 10 year old son was giddy with laughter under full throttle for the first time and said “dad, it sounds like a race car!” Too much UK Top Gear for that boy…

I started with a 2014 M5 competition pack exhaust (that had 200 miles on it) and had new downpipe adapters fabricated to match up to the downpipes on my 2013 550xi. The shop also moved the resonators 2-3 inches closer to the x-pipe so this will clear the transmission and transfer case on a 550xi without any issues.

I will include the replacement m5 crossmember / exhaust hangers and hardware required to make this conversion including vacuum tube extensions required to activate the exhaust flaps.

I’m not looking to make any money on this, only try and recoup most of what I have put in. The best part for the buyer is that there is no additional fabrication required, you can bolt it on and go!

Here is a comparison of the M5 exhaust and 550 stock exhaust before being installed.

Anyone looking to ship should get some quotes from truckers at uship.com

Attached Images

Last edited by ferrarif1; 04-28-2014 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: Added Pictures
Appreciate 0