View Single Post
      09-05-2022, 11:50 AM   #32
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SreeM View Post
Hey, yes i do know i have to install a different distribution box, i was wondering if i could just directly replace it with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275315725779

Also can the trim/leather be transfered from one center console to another? Or is it attached permenantly?
The front air distribution in the picture, is a 4-zone unit. You can tell by the stratification motors for each flap. Some are shared by a single motor on the 2 zone version.

The leather side panels on the center console do not come off....I tried. So in your case, you'll need to modify your center console.

If you do NOT want to install the B-pillar vents, that are fed by the lower, rear center console ducts.....and modify your carpet for the duct work that runs under the carpet from the center console to the B-pillar, and add the duct work from the center console to the B-Pillar, and replace your lower B-pillar trim for the B-pillar vents, your system will install and work w/o issue. You'll end up with no air flow from the B-pillar.

(Note: I installed the B-pillar vents, and even on rear fan on high, I'm not very impressed with the amount of air flow - if I did it again, probably wouldn't install it myself. Most rear seat passanger's don't even see the b-pillar vent)
Appreciate 0