View Single Post
      07-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #12
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

Having had my car for just over a week now.. I'm beginning to regret (just a smidge) not ordering from new and getting adaptive suspension.

I have the 530d with 20inch rims. Visibility pack, Dynamic pack, Media pack pro.

Im finding a couple of things different from my E60 M sport on 19inch rims.

1. I find when accelerating hard, if I drive over anything other than smooth tarmac, the feeling through the front wheels when they hit a rough surface really is quite bumpy and loud.. so much so I have to ease of the acceleration. This could be due to the rims, not sure.

2. I've had a couple of times when i've experienced what can only be described as "side ways drift", on uneven camber. Don't get me wrong. I'm not pushing the car hard, but there is a road I drive regularly to work that does have uneven surface on a round-a-bout, each and every day the back end seems to drift slightly at this point.

3. When committing to a corner, the steering isn't giving in my opinion enough feedback and I find myself compensating for poor feedback by correcting the steering.

I was fortunate to loan a 730d the other day which did have the adaptive suspension on it and I drove that all day with zero issues.. so I'm confident that this above issues are related to the lack of adaptive suspension.. you may tell me different..

roy
Appreciate 0