06-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #676
thealbert
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I've driven several models in the UK with different suspensions and none have pulled at all.

Is your car pulling, or simply drifting on road camber?

One thing to check, steering wheel position when running straight. Is it exactly central? If not, the steering angle sensor (SAS) function is compromised, can't position the steering with the same precision as when it is perfectly central. Errors with SAS positioning is known to affect steering pull.

HighlandPete
I don't have any long straight motorways in my town so it's honestly difficult to tell. There are times the car pulls to the right and there are times it pulls to the left, so I'm more included to believe it's being affected by road camber at this point in time. This must be the drifting you were mentioning. Though there are times where I notice a sudden pull to the right, even when my steering is straight, but this again could be attributed to bumpy roads or the camber of the road?

I did get my car second hand and the previous owner did mention the it pulled to the right during his out of town trip. I did not notice this too much during my test drive but after a few days of owning the car, I did notice the drifting that I mentioned in the paragraph above. I have since had the car aligned and haven't noticed anything significant, thought the drifting is still there. In comparison, my 1999 Audi A4 drifts like crazy and my 2014 Mercedes S550 is straight as an arrow. Perhaps it's a characteristic of the car?
Appreciate 0