View Single Post
      07-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

I'm one of the forum members that has been beating the drum for Adaptive Drive, for a couple of years at least, both here and on the UK section forums.

I totally agree not everyone grasps the full function (or abilities) of the active suspension systems.

Just this morning I posted the following comment in a UK thread.

Quote:
I waited about 3-months to get in a demo 530d saloon with Adaptive Drive. In the end BMW sent one of their cars up to Perth, as two of us were wanting to test drive AD.

Will be interesting to see if Gordon does go with AD, or stays with the passive M-sport setup.

For me AD is the perfect setup for my driving. Quite deceptive how it shrinks the car, as you push on. The ARS part of AD keeps the car very flat for a large car, you just expect more body movement for the speeds you can corner. Even that function has two modes, so in Sport and Sport+ you have a very stable car. I like the fact it helps the agility of the steering as well, (I don't have IAS) but even so the steering is better than cars without AD from my experience. At moderate driving levels the chassis has a neutral handling balance, moves towards understeer as you work the chassis harder. I appreciate the neutral chassis in such a large car, being a touring I expected it to be a little more deficient compared to the saloon, but you can forget its a touring when pressing on.

I rate Adaptive Drive as the best option on my 535i. (N55 engine comes as standard. )
HighlandPete
Appreciate 0