View Single Post
      06-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #35
magnumforc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Arctic Metallic, Beige,

Mine is in for drivetrain failure and engine restart warning. Second trip in with overnight stays in the past two months. Don't know how long they will have it this time. When you have a vehicle with the cost approaching 70K, we shouldn't have these type problems that seem repetitious; and one time fixes should be the norm, NOT the exception

When I hear the same HPFP being replaced in 2011 models that were the cause of the problems in prior years, it drives me nuts. Why? If the design is bad, BMW should have changed it long before now. These are not Yugo engineers building new TATA's for God's sake! It's more than ethically wrong to put the same problematic part in cars that you know was a causative factor in earklier model issues.

I know it's not a Ford and that it is so much more technically advanced. Yes, I know it's a luxury car, but neither my 328i nor my work Police Interceptor ever left me sitting wondering if Iit would start again either. No I don't want to go back to either, just want what I paid for to run right and be fixed right the first time. Period!

Having "BMW is working on it" at the bottom of your work order just doesn't cut it with me.
Appreciate 0