View Single Post
      02-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
kwilkins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S e

GT 550i ride comfort compared to 550i Sedan

I'm trying to decide between the GT 550i xdrive and the 550i sedan xdrive. I do understand they are very different cars, serving different purposes, and there are a number of trade offs. I'm interested to here from anyone who has driven both what their opinions are, especially related to ride quality, quietness, and comfort.

I test drove both cars and was surprised to discover the sedan seemed quieter and more comfortable than the GT. During highway driving the GT appeared to be louder than the sedan, especially when passing big trucks. I also felt the seating position in the sedan was more comfortable than the GT, although the forward and side visibility in the GT was much better. Both cars had multi-contour seats.These things surprised me because I assumed the GT being build on the 7 series platform would beat the sedan on ride quality and luxury, and obviously loose on sportiness and handling. I drove the cars on different days (each for about an hour) so my comparisons could be influenced by how I was feeling each day, also maybe the seat on the sedan was adjusted more to my comfort than the GT.

For those who have driven (or owned) both would you please share your experiences with ride quality and comfort, I'd love to hear any other observations you have about the 2 cars.

Thanks,

Ken
Appreciate 0