View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #78
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
You really don't know when to give up, do you? The M5 has stronger acceleration, better (stock) sound, more supportive seating, stronger components, tighter steering, amazing roadholding, etc. To me it is the difference between a heavy family saloon and a true, nimble sports car. The driving feel is that much different. It does not feel like a 4800lb car.

I'm actually not trying to make anybody jealous. I'm very concerned that you somehow got that impression. After all, I really don't post about my car all that much. I don't have thread after thread detailing my builds with pictures, props from sponsors, etc. In fact I posted a grand total of 5 pictures of my M5.

I'm just an enthusiast who enjoys talking to and seeing pictures of other enthusiast's cars. I have tremendous respect for those who modify their vehicles. I think much of what I see here is very tasteful and executed well.

What I do not respect is a car being turned into something it is not. THAT is the point you should be making. I'm not here to make anybody jealous. But clearly the OP's customer is... there's no other reason to do it. He wants people to think that he's loaded and could afford to drive the M5 in a country where it is prohibitively expensive. I hope that doesn't backfire on him. Though if it did, they'd probably just give the car back when they realize their mistake.
So you want people to think you are loaded because you drive an M5, and can't stand when other people who aren't loaded (not actually true, but whatever) 'pretend' to?
Perhaps you should examine this dynamic, either accept the fact that there will always be 'pretend' M5s, or find something else you can ego-attach your spending to, where you won't be equally unable to control yourself from telling people not to imitate your real deal.
Get an Veyron.. fewer imitators. And no 'regular' models..
Appreciate 0