05-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #17
DieselWeasel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335d|'11 535i|'13 X3 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
RLM, does the JB3 come with instructions on installation specific to the F10? All Ive seen so far are instructions on 3 series! How long did it take you t install?

MBA
As I hijack your thread, RLM...

You can look at the instructions for the 3 series, just ignore the beginning portion where you remove all the cowling under the hood. There is no need to remove anything, just lay the harness over the top of the motor and you'll begin to see which plugs go where. Easiest is the MAF sensor which is about dead center on top of the motor closest to the windshield. Get that plugged in first as you can see and access it the easiest then the harness will basically show you where each plug is. If you run into trouble Terry will usually answer your email in about 38 seconds...

The only part I don't like is there is no good, comfortable spot to put the actual black box and data cable (if you ordered the cable) so I just stuck it under some of the cowling material on the passenger side of the motor and made sure it wouldn't move or get wet.
Appreciate 0