View Single Post
      04-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #56
Sidbass
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i x-drive m-sport

I had this problem in my August 2011 delivery 550ix m-sport three times in 3 months. The first two times a reatart solved it. The last time it would restart. Then it would and it would switch off after shaking like a minor tremor. Then finally restarted and kept shaking. Would not go over 25-30kmph. I happnend to be 5 minutes from dealer. Drove it there. Put my SA in the car an had him for the first time experience the issue.
Lots of shuddering and power loss and frustration. After fuel pump change the first time and telling me a variety of things the second time they asked what fuel I use on this third occasion. I said petrocanada ultra 94 octane. They measured ethanol in
My fuel which came back at 15%. They said stop using ethanol containing fuel. Told me to switch to Shell 91. It's been 2 months since. Haven't had the problem. They said its the engines way 'to protect' itself from 'bad' fuel. I found it hard to believe that the most expensive high octane fuel is bad for my F10 but hey what do I know. So far so good.
Appreciate 0