View Single Post
      12-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #23
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzbullseye View Post

Did I purchase a CPO lemon in my 550i? I really don't think so, but time will ultimately tell. One thing is for certain, I will not own this vehicle past the 100k CPO warranty.
I'd try and talk them into a long block if you can. As to owning the car off warranty, there are relatively few who can afford to maintain BMWs (especially F10 and larger) off warranty. The repair costs are too high and the cars are much too complex to be reliable as the mileage piles on and too expensive to repair when they break. That is why resale on the larger BMWs is so poor after 4 years. With respect to the OPs car, keep in mind that the working theory is a defective injector torpedo'd an engine with a repair cost of $25,000 plus the $4,000 of diagnostic repairs already done. If a long block is required, the total repair will have cost $35,000 +, which I'm sure is almost more than the value of the car.

There have been several threads about buying vs leasing with the guys who like to "own" saying guys who lease just do so because they can't afford to buy. I like to put my money into stuff that is increasing in value, not the other way around. I'd never own one of these cars for 100,000 miles and at .9% lease rate, I can decide if I want to purchase my car at lease end based on my service experience with the car.

Good luck with your repair and thankfully you have a COP with warranty.

Last edited by Grover432; 12-27-2013 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0