View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #38
1HOT BMR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car-less and shopping +'12 35d

I keep my cars away from the dealer as much as possible - all cars, all brands, not just BMWs. I refuse any software "update" and I keep my fingers crossed that the "techs" will not touch anything else when they are repairing whatever it is they are repairing under warranty, which is the only time I let them touch my cars.

I know one thing: if there is room for a ****up they sure manage to find it. These guys are guessing most of the time when they declare that this or that is in need of fixing or replacing.

This is not the first time I've known of something super simple like this battery replacement escalating into a multi-thousand dollar repair under warranty. The dealer will never admit that this was their mistake so of course the simple battery replacement and software update they performed initially had nothing to do with all the subsequent check engine lights and serial part replacement activities . . . yeah, right.

BTW, the rings aligning to cause the low compression reading is also a monumental guess and IMO complete BS. A cylinder "out of round" by 1/2000ths?
Appreciate 0