View Single Post
      11-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #42
v13tnat
Registered
Rep
Drives: United States

New member here! Don't mean to tread jack but I purchased a 2011 550i CPO with 32,1**k miles back in July 2014. Awesome car when it works. Car currently has 36,200k miles. I've had three drivetrain malfunctions in 4k miles! Once had all 8 injectors replaced, 4 were bad but all were replaced out of courtesy. TWICE!!!! they replaced the aux turbo water pump and sensors related! Now I have major white smoke blowing out my tailpipe when climbing up a grade past 2000rpm's when I made my trip out to Las Vegas and back(it was 85 plus degrees and 270 miles each way so condensation was out of the question) and now I'm burning 2 qts of oil in less than 1k miles with black grainy soot on my rear end of the vehicle. I was told burning 720 mile per qt is what bmw consider normal for the 550i but 2qts in 900 miles? Its curently the dealer being worked on for excessive oil burning and white smoke! Ultimately I want to keep the vehicle but it gets frustrating as I don't know what should I do if problems keep happening? I have not contacted bmwna or lawyers yet but I've read many good results from bmw buybacks! California I believe is the only state that CPO vehicles can be lemon law!
Appreciate 0