03-09-2020, 10:57 PM   #89
marmit2017
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 535i 13 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlymc View Post
This was a fun read. For those who are actually still interested in this and not pointless internet trolling...

1) I found the easier way to get the locking bulb harness in place is to slip one hand in with your palm facing you, then slip the other hand directly in front of it with the back of your second hand against the palm of your first. Use your index finger to apply pressure against one of the locking tabs and the other index finger against the other tab.

2) there’s no way to code out the flicker. You need to buy a resistor 6ohms or an adapter like this one
HIKARI Pair LED Conversion Kit Headlight Canbus Error Free Anti Flickering Resistor Decoder - H7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07688V7V9..._xkDzEbS69WJKS

3) you may have to code out the malfunction light depending on the led you installed. This shouldn’t be a problem because the warm and cold monitoring is for halogen lights. Code the cold and warm monitoring for high beams to inactive. The high beams on the f10 represent the cornering lights because of the light wells location being standard high beams on older models. Yes the actual high beams are in the same outer well as the xenons.
As long as you code out the bulb voltage monitoring it will turn off the flicker.
Appreciate 0