03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Luigi524TD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e MSport

Oil change for "new car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M535 View Post
I Was About To Do A First Oil Change On My 535 Due To Concern On R Engine Shaving But Was Told By Bmw Service Advisor Not To Worry Because They Usually Due A Break In Period At The Factory And They Changed Oil Before Delivery.. He Advise Me To Just Wait Till My Scheduled Maintenance Are Due..
Due Guy Think Is Important To Have The Oil Change Now Or Just Wait Till My Schedule Service..
For Those Guy Who Have Change Thier Oil At 25oo Or So...was There Any Particles In Your Filter?
Advance Thanks For Any Feedback..
Engine manufacturing and oil & filter technology has changed dramatically since the "old" days of short cycle oil/filter changes. That said, if you really really really felt the need to do something at 2K miles I'd change the oil filter (only) - since any debris left over during the manufacturing process would be stopped there; the high quality oil in your BMW won't "wear out" in 2K miles. At most you may need to add (less than) a quart of oil and I STRONGLY recommend you buy that at your BMW service center so you don't mix the good stuff with some lesser lubricant. Also, DO NOT RESET your iDrive service indicator whenever you do a short mileage oil service.
2013 X1 3.5 MSport
1998 Z3 2.8
Appreciate 0