View Single Post
      02-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #18
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Guys,

Remember this. Someone has to make money. There are NEVER good deals in insurance especially stuff like this (Apple Care, BestBuy's warranty, and in this case BMW's tire & wheel warranty). It's a waste of money. What you need to do is to drive CAREFULLY. Don't be an idiot driving and texting, know and learn how to park, don't take chances. Don't get near the curb if you cannot see it! Don't get too close to the car in front of you in city if you cannot see what's in front of you, leave enough distance between you and the car in front of you so you can stop if you see a big pot hole. I mean come on, use some common sense.

All curb rashes on any BMW wheel, even the extremely expensive $800 M3 ZCP wheels can be repaired for $50 against curb rash, the tires are really cheap ranging between $150-250 on tire rack.

You really have to do some extremely bad damage to your wheels and you have to do it more than once for the insurance to pay itself off. Can it happen? Sure, will it happen to you? Probably not. Not unless you don't know how to drive. I have been driving Ms and BMWs for years in NJ, not once I had a crack, dent, bent wheel. Never hit big potholes, never hit curbs. All my wheels are like new. I did get a nail here and there and paid for the tire, but it's NOTHING compared to what insurance would have cost in all my cars.

Be smart, don't just say it's just $50/month. Don't throw your money away. Remember, they are making money and there are never "good deals" in this
Appreciate 0