Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
People buy cars for utility or design and various other reasons. BMW is the largest manufacturer of luxury cars in the world. If they say themselves that the 5GT is a failure than that should tell you something. You may love your 5GT but it is a failure in one of the areas of either design, performance, utility or some other major area. Since the Bones as you say are great and utility is amazing, and performance is not of importance in this market than that should hint to you that it is the 5GT's design that is failing this car, like it or not.
If you look at the X6 which really has no utility, only sits 2 people comfortably and has less performance potential than the 5GT due to the center of gravit, yet sells much better than the 5GT due to design.
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but if a majority of the people say something is ugly, than it won't sell and the 5GT is the perfect example.
Who within BMW said it was a failure? If you are referring to O'Donnell's statement you may want to re-read the article. He purports that the GT may have missed its target demographic in the US, as it has acquired buyers from the top of the line F01/F02 7 Series as well as F10 5 Series buyers. If the US wasn't such a fickle market we could probably have both the F11 and F07 on this side of the pond. I still would want the GT, no offense but the luxury of the GT is a cut above the F10/F11.

And for you Audi Fanbois the only car within Audi's stable to compare space/luxury wise with the GT is the A8. IMHO a 550 GT will embarrass an A8, much like how I pulled a B8 S4 with exhaust from a roll. Left him like he was standing still He gave an eager after taking his licking. Don't get it twisted, the GT drives/handles well too

Flame suit on
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0