02-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #12
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
And yes, I would miss the driving dynamics of the 535 m sport. To me, its the perfect "german luxury machine".

Its not like I live in the rural hills. I live in the city, suburbs. I always got through the "winters" of M cars with a good set of snows.
You are so right about "perfect German luxury machine".
There are faster, or more luxurious or more nimble... etc... but very few are "total package" as much as F10 RWD is in my opinion.

As for winters with RWD, I honestly don't just "get through the winter", I'm fully embracing it with winter sports, getting to some tricky locations and what not. Yeah, xDrive is better, absolutely no doubt, but RWD with great winter tires would surprise many.

One thing I forgot to mention is that, if you like driving and are attentive driver, these vehicles communicate back to the driver beautifully.
Yes, the steering feel isn't what it used to be with older hydraulic type steering (E90 comes to mind), but any, even slightest potential of rear end sliding is communicated to the driver pretty clearly and early, so that you can counter or back off immediately in order to address it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Ha ha. Its actually 87/13 rear bias so "feels" like RWD. It doesnt go out in the rain since it takes too long to clean it

And its too pretty to get dirty

Plus the front splitter is like 3" off the ground. So wouldn't get too far
Great looking and I'm sure just a blast to drive vehicle... enjoy.

Last edited by Bbb34; 02-01-2019 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0