View Single Post
      02-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #68
t-dub
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550i M-Sport

Thumbs down 2012 BMW 550i - Drive train malfunction

Hi guys,

t-dub here and this is my first post. I just recently bought a 2012 BMW 550i M-Sport with 8800 Miles on it. Had it for about a week and a half, drove maybe 400 miles and still have the paper plates on it. Over the weekend this car almost killed me or got me seriously injured due to this drive train malfunction. I was making a left turn and all of a sudden "Drive train malfunction" error came on . I tried to start the engine but it wouldn't start so I got stuck in the first lane with 3 lanes of on coming traffic and one lane of on coming behind me. Lucky a person was walking by who helped push me out of the way. Otherwise I would have really been stuck. It took 3 hrs for the tow truck to get to me sent from BMW assist. My car is in the dealership today and I'm waiting on the service department. Contacted the guy whole sold me the car. He's pretty much useless now that he already got his commish so he doesn't want anything to do with my problem and directed me to an SA. I'm asking for some type of compensation on top of getting my car fixed. But like everyone else in this tread that has experienced this. Its friggin B.S!!!! A $55 thousand dollar car and this is what I get. And BMW wonders why some of its hardcore enthusiasts switch over to Audi or Merc. I will keep you guys posted on how BMW handles this.
Appreciate 0