03-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #67
HotIce
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Hey I do have a job! Sometimes it doesn't include getting paid to troll forums.

You're talking about the member who went 135i-->GT500-->M3 in the matter of a couple years, right? This will happen to some people. If what you value in a car aligns with BMW's offerings, I wouldn't expect you to like the GT500. Not everybody has to like it, and I respect that. The stuff that irks me is when people pass off fallacies as fact (e.g. it can't handle for shit, it'll rattle and fall apart sooner, your penis will fall off, etc...)

I went from 335 to GT500 (although both are still present), and I don't regret it one bit. Different strokes for different folks. I've always loved muscle cars, the sound of a nice V8, and I've never cared a whole bunch about the interior, as long as it works and is not an ergonomic disaster. My favorite car was my '68 goat, and that thing's interior was TERRIBLE. The glove box was literally a cardboard box that hung precariously behind the face of the dash. All the panels felt like they were going to fall off if you so much as looked at them (even with all the fasteners present). However, it added character to the car, and I enjoyed it for what it was. A loud, beastly boat of a car whose chassis visibly twisted like a wet noodle any time I hammered on the gas, accompanied by the smell of burning rubber and gasoline along with the sound of a glorious big block (oh I should probably mention how I put a 454 in it and all the Pontiac freaks got on me about putting a Chevy engine in there... well, if Pontiac's 400 could take boost or even didn't blow up in its stock configuration then I would have used that).... It had four drums so it also had an aversion to stopping, not to mention the fact that it wasn't really good at changing direction either.

That thing probably would have lapped the ring in 30 days if I was lucky. People are so caught up in 'Ring times these days that the spirit of cars is starting to suffer. I don't mean to sound like a carbon copy of Captain Slow, but he's right and I agree with him. I hope the reason for that is not that my age is starting to show.

These Mustangs that have come out lately have really gotten me excited in a different way than BMWs ever did, but that's because of how my preferences are skewed. I like muscle cars. If you don't like muscle cars, you won't like the Mustang. If you rub your face on the dash every day and want to be welcomed by superior materials, a Mustang won't be for you. If you can't stand retro gauges, the Mustang is not for you. If you can't stand being lumped in with the Mustang or muscle car stereotype, the Mustang is not for you.

I won't bitch at anyone who doesn't like the car; I only bitch at people who are being idiot blind fanboys. I thought I joined this forum to rub elbows with car enthusiasts who also happened to own BMWs. Sometimes I feel like I joined a forum where BMW owners come to pretend to be car enthusiasts. There's a difference and it doesn't take long to sort out who is whom.
There was a member named HotIce and I believe he was called a troll for saying something along those lines and given infraction points. He had PM'd me, so watch it.
Appreciate 0