12-29-2016, 02:28 AM   #7
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPogle View Post
If your car is 3-4 years old and never been machine-polished it is almost certain to have a lot of fine scratches on it. Look at it under the canopy lights in a petrol station at night to see if it has swirl-marks on it. If it has, it might be worth getting a detailer to machine-polish it and apply a ceramic coating. For the next 18 months or so you just need to wash it carefully and periodically apply something for shine (I use SONAX BSD). It's quite incredible how much cleaner the car stays and it's much easier to wash. Mine is Azurite Black which doesn't look much under cloudy skies but when the sun comes out it looks fabulous. The only downside is that you are committing to washing the car yourself (or pay the detailer) as mechanical and £5 hand-washes will put all the scratches back on in a couple of sessions.
Agree with this, I had mine done recently and had a clay bar, followed by a machine polish and two coats of Gtechniq (ceramic seal and glossifier) applied. My AW F10 stays so much cleaner than before and the majority of swirls have been removed. I wash it myself in summer and get my detailer to wash in winter . I intend on adding a coat of HD wax every 4-6 months...

Last edited by The Beast; 12-29-2016 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0