11-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #58
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by torzeck View Post
So, if it comfort accesss for all , does the key use RFID so it never needs to be charged up? If not, how does it work?
The remote has a replaceable battery. Some BMW non-comfort access keys use an induction type charge mechanism. On those models, you need to plug the key fob into a slot in the dashboard. The car extracts the necessary information from the remote via a wireless communication process before it lets you start the car. During the time the engine is running, the key fobs internal battery will get recharged. On models that use the comfort access type key fobs, an internal replaceable (non-rechargeable) type battery supplies the power to the key fob electronic. When you enter the car and when you press the start/stop key, the car will get the necessary information from the key fob via a wireless communication. Some information is already transmitted to the car from either type of key when you remotely unlock the car, it sort of 'preps' the car.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0