View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

WeatherTech's customfit front liners work on the rear-wheel drive version of the F07...the rear set works on either the x-drive or rear-wheel drive. I ended up with a set of rubber mats from BMW for the front. Weathertech was not aware that there was a difference on the driver's side regarding the transmission tunnel, and I had to send a set back with some pictures. As far as I know, they have not measured an x-drive version...it wouldn't hurt to bug them. If you live near enough, they might use your car to measure and make them available for all.

While they don't show on the BMWUSA website, the dealer can order the rubber mats. The packaging says they're available in three colors, but they only offered me black, which is okay for my grey carpeting. I may put the carpets back now that winter is over.

There are a couple of other threads discussing this, so use the search function. I was a little leary about ordering some of the others since it didn't appear to be common knowledge that there was a difference on the driver's side for custom fit mats...there is a bigger bulge to accommodate the x-drive module in the transmission.
Appreciate 0