05-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #45
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
The fire was a total joke. It's just a bunch of smoke and you can hold you breath and just run through it. The wet crawl under the shock wires was awesome. The people around us were screaming like they were being murdered which was quite humorous. I caught a hefty shock to my ear and a bunch to my legs which weren't too bad.

If you're going to train, I would work on hill climbing and pull ups. The hill climbing sucked all of my energy. The monkey bars were about 8 miles into the event and I went about 2 bars in and just dropped myself into the water and swam across. That's also where there was a chick with a bone sticking out of her leg. Eeeeeeeek.

Less than a mile in was the Chernobyl baths (ice water). There is nothing you can do to ready yourself for that shock. It took a few minutes to get the feeling back in my lower body.

The last obstacle before the shocking finish was Everest (the half pipe). I weigh about 205 and the guys trying to pull me up were not quite strong enough. I bit it hard twice and jammed my finger on the second attempt. By that point I had to say fuck it and just went around. That was the only event I "bypassed" although I give myself an A for effort. I'll just have to succeed on the next one. I did every other event without exception.

In case you can't tell, I'm fucking pumped that I did it.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0