mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Just did mine in my 550i. Took me a bit as there are two cover plates and the filter is on the bottom rather than the top as it seems in the 535i. Also my car is lowered on H&Rs and that posed a problem in that I had to use ramps I instead of jacks as planned. Access to a lift is definitely nice to have. Got it done and instructions helped...also I am familiar with changing oil in all my cars so not a big deal. Was able to reset the oil service indicator using instructions found also on the forum. . Car had 3000m on it as I have just done my breaking and a little driving since purchase in Aug and wanted to have the break in oil gone and fresh new oil in the car till its 1st indicated service (still 11k away as indicated on I-Drive). Next one is on BMW then according to their Scheduled Maintenance plan but I will continue to do interval changes on my dime to enhance my vehicle's health and well being (I do follow then Old School Maintenance Schedule when possible - great results so far!)
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten

Last edited by mdrobc13; 01-01-2013 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0