Thread: Best Exhaust
View Single Post
      08-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Thanks very much for your feedback & insight.

I am in no hurry to do the exhaust change (given there aren't that many choices to choose from). What it really turns me off is simply the drone, perhaps, it's a fact of life but I am hoping somebody out there will make an aftermarket one that is totally bearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
Bobblehead,

Your exhaust requirements are very stringent and it's understable. You simply want the best of both worlds for your 550 as most of us do here.

All I can say is that the Meisterschaft GTC with the valves closed almost feels like I never upgraded my stock exhaust as far as drone is concerned. I'm also turned off with an exhaust if too much drone is present, and that is certainly not the case with such an aggressive system as the Meisterschaft GTC currently on my car.

However, with the valves open it's a different story, since there is a literal transformation of the exhaust notes and feel of the car, including drone. I do want to point out though, that drone is less on the 550 with the Meisterschaft valves open at full blast, than my previous 528i with just the Magnaflow axle back.

The sound of the exhaust is very exotic and deep and I personally think it's the best sounding exhaust I've heard on a 550 F10 to this date (there aren't too many F10 550's with aftermarket exhausts to compare with yet)
Appreciate 0