View Single Post
      06-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

I'd also be concerned about what happens if you have a puncture that can't be fixed by a can of tyre foam.

Just had a nose around, theres no legal requirement to carry a spare, but the AA for example have an exclusion where you're not carrying a spare, and a few people seem to have had them refuse to come out if theres no spare in the car.

I'm assuming you'll have the BMW assistance cover that comes with the car. I'd be intereted to see what happens if you call them for help with a flat, and when they ask you to drive on the RFT to the nearest tyre place, you say that you can't because you've swapped them out for standard tyres. Obviously that means a cost for them because of a change you've made, so i'd expect them either to refuse, or to charge for the call-out.

Please don't take this as a criticism of your plans, obviously it's your car and your decision as to whether the beneifit from running non-RFT justify the additional hassle/risk.

Just thought I'd mention it as something to think about, and maybe save some trouble one dark, wet, windy night in the middle of nowhere!

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0