View Single Post
      07-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #101
MikeTerp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30/340

I have driven the F10 (535 with standard suspension). I thought it was a "nice" car but was not overwhelmed by any means. While the drive did not allow me to "wring it out" the feeling I had walking away at the end was that the car was overweight, and that the N55, while not slow, was best described as brisk, not overpowering. The comments by others in this thread tend to reinforce those views, and similar comments have been made in various car mags.

I think the thing that bothers many people is that we should NOT have to buy an optional suspension to get good handling, which has always been the hallmark of BMWs for decades. The loss of steering feel is just one more irritant. Obviously, BMW wants to sell cars and probably figures that those who care more about handling and less about just having a roundel on their hoods, will just ante up for the optional suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Should test drive the F10 first There are forummers in other boards who haven't test driven it or may not have adjusted the adaptive drive, but yet are able to make many comments on how the car handles.

I find this board the most intelligent and mature

You can also check out the reviews of auto mags compiled by this board http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343293

Last edited by MikeTerp; 07-31-2010 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0