View Single Post
      08-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #200
Alpine335TT
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 M-Sport 335i

The BJ Penn - Frankie Edgar fight was depressing to watch especially as a huge Penn fan. Frankie's fighting style seems to counter BJ's perfectly though. I'll give him credit where due, but man is he going to be a BORING champion to watch. I don't intend on ordering PPV when he fights Maynard. Simply a points fighter if you ask me (perfect example would be Rashad Evans). I like to see fights finished. It will be interesting to see what's in store for BJ. Retirement maybe? Regardless, he needs a new corner that's for sure. They had no idea what to tell him other than "F this little c!cksucker". He should have been trying to take the fight to the ground the whole time, but something tells me BJ is stubborn and likes to always look for the knockout. Same type of fight the second time around.

Another dissapointing one was Florian vs Maynard. Florian looked just as bad as BJ looked in both fights against Edgar. First time I've seen Florian put on a not-so-entertaining performance.

If this is where the lightweight division is going with this new generation of fighters, I can't say I'm going to be looking forward to it. Where's the excitement? It will be interesting to see if this affects ratings.

Toney/Couture and Diaz/Davis made the night for me.

MISCHIEF.TV
Appreciate 0