View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoman39 View Post
How this technology affects the car's long term durability is of no concern to BMW.
Oh, I don't agree with that at all. If a brand develops a reputation as being unreliable beyond a lower threshold than average (say 50k miles as the warranty implies vs 100k) then the residual values of the vehicles drop. The drop in residuals makes leasing less appealing for new BMW buyers b/c lease values are determined partially on the estimated residual value. And so begins the cycle. Last time I checked, people still bought used/pre-owned BMWs.

Per my statement above, the pertinent vehicle systems were re-engineered to account for the higher duty cycle (read: wear & tear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER
I didn't say my research was "scientific" Nor does it need to be. WHAT don't you understand ?

"THOSE WHO HAVE THE FEATURE DO NOT SEEM TO LIKE OR APPROVE OF IT"

Including 2 owners and 1 SA that I personally spoke to while waiting in the service Department at Hassel BMW in Freeport.

Is that clear enough ?
Wow, calm down. I UNDERSTAND you perfectly. And I understand you to be making a half-thought through statement and wanting to deliver it to BMW as fact. Go ahead, call them up and say youdon't like it. There's nothing wrong with that. And if you want to start a petition, I wish you the best of luck. That's a good method too. But making a bold statement like "THOSE WHO HAVE THE FEATURE DO NOT SEEM TO LIKE OR APPROVE OF IT" when you've only spoken to 3 people doesn't hold water for me.
Appreciate 0