View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

BMS N63 Stage 1 installed last night, sorry E92 DCT M3, thank you BMS/Terry

So finally got to install my BMW N63 Stage 1 tune on my 2013 550i. In full disclosure I struggled over the weekend to get the tmap sensor clips off (there are 2) and got frustrated . Last night I met up with a fellow enthusiast (1M & RS4 owner) and we installed it together. Turns out it was excessively simple and I was being overly cautious.

Anyhow, no need for in depth reviews or videos (yet), but timing was perfect and I got to toy around with a random fellow BMW owner while testing out the new digs...

He was in a sweet looking Matte White E92 DCT, with exhaust, blue brembo brakes, black csl style wheels, and NY plates. We didn't lie up or roll officially from 3 honks but did a couple of back to back pulls.

I had my buddy in the car, a full tank of gas, and the AC on. Over the 3-4 pulls starting from various speeds I was pulling on him all steps of the way save for the .5 second jump he naturally got from the M3 + DCT's godly throttle response. But that was it... I continued to casually pull away each time, putting more and more distance between us.

Two points to note: First - I continue to be dumbfounded at the combination between speed and quietness in the 550. Its ridiculous. Second - I am surprised a little bit that I pulled on him so hard, considering that he had DCT, and at a minimum exhaust (likley had other mods since he had an awesome full brembo brake kit).

For all of those continue to ponder the BMS N63 Stage 1, you're making a big mistake. Roll by NJ and I or BadBlack550xi will show you how big of a mistake you're making.
Appreciate 0