View Single Post
      09-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #660
rysky007
Rep
Drives: 2014 535Ix M Sport

Same problem but bigger issue

Guys, I made a post about this on the other forum, wanted to get your input here:

Took my car in Monday for scheduled oil change and inspection. Told the SA that since June my car has been pulling to the right a tiny bit at highway speeds, and authorized them to do an alignment.

After doing one, they come back to me telling me:

REPLACE THE RIGHT FRONT UPPER CONTROL
ARM WITH NEGATIVE CAMBER CORRECTION (THE
RIGHT FRONT CAMBER IS OUT-OF-SPEC)

And the kicker, they are telling me that its not covered by the cars warranty because its what is needed to fix the alignment, yet its a part of the car attached to the car??????

They are saying that the alignment is only covered in the first two months, which is fine and dandy I can respect that, but if this top arm is bent slightly after only being driven for 10 months and 8000 miles, and has not had any out side impact, shouldnt that be covered by the warranty since its designed to be straight but has gone bent due to defect?

Am I wrong here guys? has any one had any experience with this?

$600 bucks for a part that may or not even fix my alignment is what they are saying now and still wont budge on warranty, stating that some out side force had to have bent it.

If there was strong enough force to bend an control arm then there would be damage to a tire or wheel as that would take some impact, no?

Is the dealer that broke they are trying to make money on their customers?

Please advise guys.

Also they are charging me for every alignment done, saying they need to do them to see if the fixes fix the issues, I know alignments are only covered for the first 2K miles but I know many have had multiple done, were those customers charged for them ? or did the dealer cover the cost.
Appreciate 0