View Single Post
      01-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #24
Sidbass
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i x-drive m-sport

Drivetrain malfunction 550 xi msport

Folks,
I got my 2011 F10 550i xdrive m-sport in August of 2011. Within the first few weeks, one day as I started the vehicle and slowly pulled out of the driveway, The drivetrain malfunction screen came up and the lights lit up on the dash. More alarmingly the car started to buck violently like those paid rides that simulate a bucking horse. Power loss also occurred so i immediately switched it off. Wiped the sweat off my brow, said a prayer and restarted it. no issue. and on i went. few weeks later...again same thing coming out of the driveway. never happened when I was on the road already. Always just as I started the car and always with the violent bucking.
So then finally i took it in. They did see the errors, but in the end BMW Toronto gave no list of possible explanations and did not explain having done anything to avert the problem in the future but said it should be ok. I took the car and went about 10 minutes away. Stopped, made a purchase in a store. got back in and started it and there it was AGAIN. i immediately called my SA and told him it happened again! he said to bring it in. I said i didnt have the time and would do so in the future.
Since that ironic episode it has not happened.
Appreciate 0