View Single Post
      01-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #26
ccboye
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Excuse the rant – I’m pi$$ed! I need some direction on resolving my concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccboye View Post
So I was finishing up my last minute christmas shopping at the mall yesterda evening and about to go and pick up some food for christmas day. As I pulled out of the parking lot my 2011 550i shuddered and started shaking violently. Then I saw the engine check light with "Drivetrain Malfunction" message come on. I turned off the engine and let it sit for few minutes and tried again but the engine wouldn't start and the whole systems shut down within a minute. Same results each time

Got on with BMW Assist and had the car towed to the nearest dealer; of course they were closed and no one on site. Left the car, called for a taxi to take me to the nearest airport for a rental. Now I have to wait till tomorrow before I can speak to anyone at the dealership to find out what happened.

I have owned a few cars in the past(2nd 5 series) and I have never have to go through such an ordeal. Here's $75K car with only 17k miles...I'm very disappointed!
I just got my car back today since the day it broke down and got towed to the dealer. That makes it 34 days in service and of loss of use. The technicians were slow in diagnosing the issue and I was told there was delay in getting the parts from Germany. Parts replaced are: Fuel Supply Module, Low Pressure Fuel Sensor, Low Pressure Fuel Pump, and Oil Pump (for a pre-existing issue). I was given a loaner, but give me a break; I didn’t buy a 2011 550i so that I may drive around in a 328i for a month.

What really pisses me off is that during this entire ordeal nobody (service dealer personnel, BMW client relations) even expressed any regret or goodwill for my trouble. I called client relations 2 weeks ago to see what they were willing to do about the situation. This rude lady called me back and basically told me to piss off and that all they can do is to fix the car. To add insult to injury, BMW Roadside Assistance is refusing to reimburse for the expenses I incurred for getting a taxi and rental car after the car broke down on Christmas Eve because I was less than 100 miles from my house. I didn’t know about this condition and the person who helped that night didn’t say anything about it. What kind of BS is this?

I am shocked to find out that BMW’s customer service is just as bad now as it was when I bought my first BMW (530i) in 2002. I replaced that with a Lexus and received excellent customer service. It now appears that I should have stayed with them instead (and waited for the upcoming GS-F)!

The car can now be considered as a lemon under the California Lemon law since it has been in service for various issues for a cumulative total of 60 days since last September. Based on experience, it sounds like BMW only responds and reacts positively to customers when faced with legal action.

To start, I want to write a letter to the highest person in charge of client relations at BMW North America, and as well as sending a copy to someone at the corporate office in Germany. If anyone knows of who to contact or an address to write to, please e-mail or pm me directly with it.
Appreciate 0