02-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #43
ccboye
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Latest update, kind of interesting I think.

First, the bad news: the low pressure fuel level sensor is back-ordered in Germany, but apparently new parts are in and will ship to the US in the next day or two... meaning (I think) that they will dock state-side at the dealer next week. So likely no 5-series in the garage this week.

Second, the more interesting news. I got a call last week from BMW NA, who asked me "what can we do for you to make things right?" I indicated that at this point, we want to keep the car provided the issue is resolved. Then it became a question of financial remuneration for the inconvenience. Today, BMW NA called back and provided a number, but mentioned they would look for me to sign some form of agreement. Does anyone have any experience with this approach, and if so, does this preclude me from exercising any "Lemon Law" opportunities should this issue continue?
Quite interesting because it looks the HPFP issue with the turbo engines has reared it's ugly head again in the form of a LPFP issue with the F10's!!!
Appreciate 0