View Single Post
      02-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #44
dave70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 cayenne turbo; 2013 MB GL

Drive Train Malfunction

I have had this problem on and off for the past 3 months. It started after my battery drained one weekend and bmw came and jumped the car, which was in my garage. After they jumped it, all the warning lights came on and I could not use turn signals or open the windows, turn on the radio etc..

After I turned off the car and restarted everything seemed ok until the drive train malfunction issue started the next day or so. So far they have replaced the fuel injecters and fuel pump but the problem persists. I asked if it could be the Dinan Stage II I had installed at the same time they were attempting to fix the problem but my service rep says its not the case, almost as if she knows more than she is letting on or wants to tell me. I have had the car since last April and have 14k miles on it.

It often times idles very roughly and then the car starts to shake and the warning comes on. The car has little power and I have to pull over and restart it to "fix" the problem. Sometimes the idle is rough and the car shakes and I think the light is about to come on, but it does not.

Its going back tomorrow and they told me they might have to keep it for awhile.....

If this latest fix fails, I will start to explore the repurchase option with BMW NA. I bought the car in NJ but use BMW of Greenwich for service, since I live close by. Do I have to go back to dealer that I purchased the car from or can I start to deal with BMW of Greenwich and BMW NA to address this issue?
Appreciate 0