09-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #79
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Hey all,

New member over here in the f10 forums. I've had my f30 335i m performance edition (xdrive) since March 2015 but ordered an f10 528i X drive with a late November delivery and will be trading in the f30.

The car is carbon black on Oyster with the executive package. But this time, I believe it is with standard suspension (m sport kit, 19" wheels, hud, rear camera, and a bunch of other goodies).

Anyway, I have h&r sport springs on my current 335i X drive matched with stock adaptive suspension. I find the height of the car great and love how it looks aesthetically (if anything maybe ever so slightly just a tad too low). However, I find the ride much too bouncy and my wife hates sitting in my car because of it. However changing to go-flats helped significantly.

Anyway, with the incoming f10, I'll be going from my current car which looks super aggressive and sporty, to an f10 528 which will make me look like an old man with two kids (I do have 2 kids but am faar from old) if I keep it bone stock.

I really only need to do 3 things to the car.

1) lower
2) spacers
3) oem 20s - really liking the 356m and 343m wheels
4) maybe I will need to add a bms quick tuner to give it a tad more oomph too

So with regards to suspension, if I found the previous ride on h&r sport springs, It seems from what I'm reading here I might find the same with the h&r springs on the f10?

Would the ACS be a better choice if I am not needing to be all that low, maybe an inch or so is all I need. And is the ride on ACS less bouncy?

The other spring setup I'm thinking about (which is the direction I would go on the f30 if I did it all over again) is the dinan springs and bump stops. Are these available for the f10 528 X drive? And if so, would they be less bouncy?

And as another idea, is there be a good strut to match up with any of these springs? The billstein b8 struts were known to match up very well with the f30 dinan springs but we a horrible match with the h&r sport springs.

However if I'm to do springs and struts, am I better off going with coils?

Again, I'm not looking for a slammed look. Just looking for around 1" or so lower. And wanting to maintain an non bouncy comfortable ride that won't make my wife sick everytime she's in the car.

Thanks and I look forward to any and all input!
Appreciate 0