View Single Post
      08-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Seanygreen
Rep
Drives: 550i xdrive

Id like to contribute my 2 cents on this subject, since I find alot of info that helps me on this forum. I had it installed on my 2012 Alpine White 550 M-Sport, a few days after picking up my car. I had it on for 1 week and I PULLED it off! I hated it.

I had -Full hood (1 piece), BOTH side fenders, and entire front bumper.

Let me forewarn everyone.... I'm EXTREMELY PICKY... And i regret putting it on because I now realize that it's impossible to get this stuff on perfect... "It's not paint" Was one of the phrases they used to let me know about the product before it was put on... AND THEY WERE RIGHT! It's a very hard installation in general but With the curves the M-Sport front bumper has, it makes it even harder, and more "seems" as they call them show. Thats what drove me crazy, seeing these lines, from where they cut the vinyl to wrap around the aerodynamic edges on this beautiful M-Sport bumper.

I HAD A VERY GOOD INSTALLER to be honest but its never going to be perfect, Its IMPOSSIBLE! Also I noticed the paint color looked like 2 different tones of white from what was covered and what was bare.

Do i have rock chips on the front bumper, YEA, of course... But is my car ALL The same color now, YES. And for the price you're going to pay for the "clear bra" from a GOOD INSTALLER, You can have your WHOLE front bumper repainted like new and then get the car professionally detailed and you're GOOD AS NEW.

"It's not paint"... It's not going to cover any area of the car like paint.
Appreciate 0