07-09-2023, 08:36 PM   #53
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SreeM View Post
okay, thank you for confirming!

Did you take pictures of your install during the install?

Also do you know if the rear screen controller will work without the hvac install? i want to hold off on the hvac install until later and plan on installing the center console blower motor + climate controller with screen + foot well sensors and wiring. Will i be able to control anything with the climate controller without the 4 zone hvac change??

I don't plan on doing the b pillar install or carpet change
I did not take pictures of my install....outside of a single picture that showed the whole interior stripped out, which won't do anyone any good.

The rear HVAC controller (FKA) is a slave to the front HVAC controller (IHKA), and needs to be coded for it to function 100%. Not doing so will have unpredictable operation, so not sure I can provide a definitive answer, but since the adjustments in the FKA is done for flap adjustments, which is controlled through the IHKA, minimally you may not get the intended air flap operation.

Leaving off the B-pillar HW will have almost no ill effect on the system. I wish I hadn't done it myself, but since I did, it's staying installed.

Last edited by M_Bimmer; 07-09-2023 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0