09-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #33
BigDeep1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Sport - P1, P2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
I just changed springs on my car (Eibach ProKit), a few things that I noticed:

Using a small telescopic jack instead of a prybar to press the suspension down eased up the strut removal process immensely (after the struts have been unbolted).

I did this both front and rear. In the front I was able to "jack down" the suspension so that the lower strut cleared the lower A-arm and the strut came out real easy.

Same in the rear, which also meant that I did not have to unbolt any other parts than the strut itself.

Really easy job apart from the spring compressor tool that I used which was an endless wrench turning excercise...
I finally finished the front install of the ACS springs. Embarrassingly enough, it took me 5-6 hours just for the front. Squeezing the strut out was a tough process alone. I finally had to call a friend over.

How did you "jack down" the lower control assembly enough to squeeze it out?

I also thought aligning the springs in the rubber end-caps was a bit challenging. The spring compressor makes it tough to move things around. I also didn't align the top of the strut with the 3 holes for the attachment point the first time. I had to recompress and align it.

I am now nervous to tackle the rear as that is supposed to be the hard part
Appreciate 1