View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
skiajl6297
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

I am still not finding the standard traffic information here in the DC area very useful. There had been some talk (another forum?) of maps being updated to show color-coded congestion like in Europe and what is shown on google maps, rather than the arrows pointing in the direction of delay as is standard, but I have yet to see it. There is some kind of greyscale optioning, but I did not enjoy that particular view, and don't know that it is useful - maybe I need to try it again.

Also, for some reason, my car's radio reception of the traffic information seems much slower then that on my 2007 E90. I commute the same path every day, and have noticed that when driving my E90, there is a significantly better and more accurate representation of the actual conditions, (updates to conditions, differences in the concentration of traffic indicators, etc.) where my F10 isnt showing me anything, and I am sitting in horrible traffic. Or if the F10 is showing the correct traffic information as arrows, but it is not showing any difference between a slight delay (widely spaced arrows) and a major, avoid at all costs, (three arrows on top of each other a-la E90) delay.

Same driver, same route, 2007 technology beating 2010 so far. I wish it made sense. I am still getting used to my new nav, and it is gorgeous to look at, but I have yet to rely on it as much as I relied on my E90 - and that sucks given how much this car costs.
Appreciate 0