02-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #18
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gicamuci View Post
Just so you know... Had my car in for the first oil change and a seat recalibration I couldn't get rid of. Dealer said my car qualifies for a global software update. They did try to do it, but BMW refused to complete the update due to the retrofited nav/cic parts, even though the parts and enabling codes are indeed appearing on the BMW's ASAP site.
When you retrofit navigation, you update the database of your car.
But configuration of your car up in Germany HQ is still old.

When they connect it to their server, their ISTA P request you to put the old stuff in your car and then update / code it.

Pretty normal. I had many of my clients coming back to me requesting to put the old harware back so they can get it update at bmw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCs F10 View Post
Don't stress, just get Patryk to recode it remotely at bimmer-tech. He sent me a combox update yesterday after the BMW site wouldn't accept my vin. They know you,ve done the retrofit because you've ordered the activation code and its matched against your vin. The site just rejects your vin. Stupid pricks should just make the one cic standard!
PS. Just tried it now and I got in no problem at all.

In normal circumtance, I agree with you.
But if it is warranty work, you may not wish to void your warranty. You put your old stuff in, get it coded so your warranty can be resumed on their database.

PS: Bimmer retrofit and bimmer tech both are amazing companies giving us options to have all these retrofits.