View Single Post
      07-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
DitrasetMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Getting a 2013 535i-WITHOUT the Premium Package (Comfort Access System) - Is that OK?

Friends,

I have decided to "go big or go home," and instead of the 528i I was planning on purchasing, I am going to go with the 535i. The price increase is only $3,000, if I don't get the Premium Package in the 535i (which is $1,500). This, I can afford. Unlike the 528i, the 535i already comes with leather, so the Premium Package is less essential.

The 535i Premium Package, comes with (1) the Comfort Access System, (2) Power Tailgate and (3) Sirius Radio.

(1)I actually don't want the Comfort Access System because I very much like locking and unlocking the car from a remote. Maybe it is an OCD thing. The whole "I am close to the car so it locks/unlocks" makes me uncomfortable.

Dumb question: Without the comfort access system, I still do not need to use a key in any way to turn the engine on, right? I can keep the keys in my pocket (outside of unlocking/locking the car), and hit the engine start button?

(2)The Power Tailgate would be nice, but is not enough to justify the $1,500 for the Premium Package.

(3) I do not like Sirius satellite radio. I have had it for years and am intent on canceling it. I plan on exclusively using Pandora on my iPhone, through the iDrive, for my musical needs.

Question: Am I missing something? Is there some other "secret" feature that I won't get by not getting the Premium Package?

I know it is bizarre to get a 5 series without the Premium Package, but I just can't justify the price of the Package for those particular features, considering my particular needs/desires.

Thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0