View Single Post
      07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Re the HUD , I find teh best feature is simply not having to look down to the speedo or Nav screen. I know that probably sounds daft and you're probably asking, what sthe big deal?
Well it does take perhaps half a second to refocus you eyes wheras the HUD is right in front of you, in fact righ on the end of the boneet to be precise.With teh sat nav instructions there, you can decide to display otehr options on your screen, or turn the screen off all together - which I do at night , I find that more restful.
I thought it would be a gadget and although it is, I would certianly miss it.
Probably best to try it out if you can and see if its something you'd like. I only got the chance to sit in a stationary X6 to try it out so never saw it in action prior to buying my car , but glad I did.
It certianly has that wow factor when you show your friends, although thats not what its about!

Might find it difficult to find a car with it, in the UK it doesn't seem like a popular option as far as I can tell, the only car I've seen in showrooms with it are M5s so finding one to try out on the road might be difficult. It may be a more popular option in other countries possibly, I don't know.
Appreciate 0