04-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
I like your suggestion about messages being shown in the HUD. But I'm not convinced, even then, that it wouldn't be a big distraction. It's one thing to glance at something like your speed in the HUD but another altogether to read messages that require significantly longer focus.

The ultimate solution would probably be a system that's 100% voice controlled - both for reading and responding to messages.
As mentioned earlier the biggest challenge lies in the response vetting process. My experience so far with most voice-to-text systems is that they are only about 80 to 90% accurate and require cleaning before sending (at least for my business responses) and therein lies the requirement for eye-on interaction.

BTW I read your response on the iDrive while running an errand - of course I have coded the car to bypass the anti-scroll while in motion safeguard so I was able to read it all. "I plead guilty your honor!"

Last edited by Sharbotcom; 04-23-2014 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0