Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Yes of course they do. But they haven't been running a race very well recently.
This is a very competitive field now, their car is less than superior than the Red Bulls and McLarens, and even Renaults sometimes.

Pit stop rotation under safety car is just pure luck most of the time. Look at Schumi, he was just one second slower to pit and cost him dearly. You might be right, but we never know. I just don't feel like sitting on the pit lane waiting while losing many grid spot waiting for the team to complete Alonso's pit stop is just not too wise and will prone to mistakes from pressure. Remember Singapore 2008? Kimi was the second to pit and waited. The "light control" man was anxious to get Massa out of the way and catastrophic disaster.

Sometimes just luck, and sometimes you might be able to make the luck works towards you better.
I also thought it was dumb for ferrari to do that, the only explanation I can think of is the delta time they have to make it into the pit stop, maybe another lap out would have been too close or they would have received a penalty also, I dont know if this was the case but its the only thing I can think of for why they would do that
Appreciate 0