View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #20
ChiNorm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 535xi

To adjust the bump settings on the top of the shock an allen wrench is used to turn a bolt in the shock. Less than 10 seconds for the front shocks, just pull off a cover and make the change. The rear shocks require removing the rear speakers, which is less than 10 minutes per side after practice.

The compression settings on the shock bottoms are almost as easy, the rear fitting is easily accessed, again about 10 seconds per side. Access to the fronts is more difficult without a lift but appears possible. I am waiting for warmer weather to try this, else I wait for my IM to get an open lift. I may break down and get a couple of ramps if I can't get under the car in front.

The adjustments are going slow for me because I drive for about a week after each change before making another. I want a good understanding of what each change brings.

Part of tuning for bad roads involves the compression settings for the response to the car coming down on the shock after being lifted by the bump.

At the moment, the ride and handling are excellent with the promise of some further improvement.
Appreciate 0