Thread: F10 Window Tint
View Single Post
      10-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #15
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Smile Price has not changed in many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
Wow, $150??? It takes at least 3-4 hrs and I'm sure the film must cost at least 50-75 bux. I guess people must be desperate for work where your from.

I have a black interior with the pull up shades in the rear. So I went with 40% on all 6 side windows, and 25% on the rear window. Total cost up here in Canada where tint shops are pretty booked up is $300, job was done very well.

Im curious, for those that don't have the panel removed or at least pulled back like in my case, I'm assumin the cut the tint right above the seal at the base of the window, is there any concern of it peeling after a while.
The price that he charges me has not changed for many years and he is not hard up for work. He turns many away for lack of time to do them all.

He has been doing tint for years and has learned to roll the seal down and then is able to place the lower edge of the tint below it. This is the way he able to install the film without removing the door panel....

1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
Appreciate 0