Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Don't want to start a new thread, so hope you guys don't mind..

Yesterday around dinner time I was turning into a car drop off area, ninety degrees across one lane, no cars either way, signal, stop look all mirros, then quickly but cautiously reverse into the first space by the side of the road infront of the lay-in area. Ok, so I reverse at a slow/steady pace, only about 5-10 meters, looking into the mirrors to align the car properly with the other cars /kerb. Normally there is a 'risk' here, as some car may come up behind you either wanting to turn into the lay-in or find a space for themselves, so you have to look and be quick, and careful of course.
Ok all is well, reversing, then suddenly a loud "BAM!!!" from behind - some guy smacked down on my trunk. I stop immediately, thinking 'what the hell, did I hit a box, did some body put something there I didn't see, did I hit a kid?'. So my eyes are wide open, I can't see anything in the reverse mirror, just the guy, so I get out, and WTF (this really needs both underline AND bold) there is a car wedged behind my car and the car I was trying to park in front of. I am thinking how the hell did this car get in here, and I did not see anything, -btw his head is at nearly 90degrees facing into the curb, not enough space for it to U-turn .. I am truly puzzled WTF he is trying to do, its the wrong place to turn into the lay in if that is what he was trying to do, should have turned beside me or infront or SIGNAL ... not act like a klingon cloaked vehicle (I am refraining from invoking the Lord's name for RC )
So there is about 1 meter before I hit his front/side .. the kind-hearted guy that warned me says "I warn you before hit him /you can't see him" so I thank him, then my eyes are like alien-sized as I stare at the guy and his girl in the new black Polo (about~20-30yrs old) he doesn't do or say anything, kinda of like paralized or something, I say "You (damn, not said) lucky I didn't hit you, your car front hit my back.." I don't think he even rolled down his windows. So I give him some more death-stare, the kind guy repeats himself, and I repeat my thanks, cars are honking as the guy is wedged like a piece of cheese blocking the cars behind him, so I get back in the car, move forward a little and let the do his U-turn, he hesitates for a few seconds befor moving on, I am thinking, 'Do you want to park in the space after all this?"
Good lord, someone tell me what I have done wrong, if this close call happen to me something I done must be wrong!
Advice appreciated

oh btw. after I park the car in the original space intended (but was malaciously halted by guy wanting to turn his new car in a cheese wedge), I reverse until 1-meter tone on PDC, just before I come to stop the guy in the parked car honks and I think yeah I see YOU . whatever, ignore him as another over-hyped person. get out ,look the car, then someone keeps honking (not malaciously, but in a hey, don't-you-see-me kind of way) so I look and its the guy in the parked car, I give him puzzled look, he sticks his head through his sunroof (not kidding) and starts gesticulating like mad and says, "I can't get out!" I am like WTF, am I a teacher in a kindergarten? So I walk a few steps back, look at the space between my car and his, the look a the space between his and the car behind him (at least 2-3feet) and say "Do you need me to look at the space for you?" (not seriously, kind of incredulously) he is still gesticulating, so I think I will not move my car for an idiot with nothing to do but ask someone else to move their car..

Am I wearing a T-shirt that says 'free psychological counciling' or 'show me your idiocy/irrationality' or 'do strange things with your car and act in strange ways around me' ?? I really do not understand it.

Tip: I find people are extremely weird around dinner time - its a dangerous time to be driving!..
Where were you grimmy bro? You disappeared, were expecting you at the meet. We needed a Tasman F10 to complete our photo shots.

That was classic, but I found a lot of weirdo driving around lately too. May be a lot of ppl got new cars for the gov't concession thing. Get one of those black box cams, front, rear and both sides. So those idiots have nothing to blame.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0