View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
F10N47
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D M Sport

Incorrect Tyre Pressures

This may help any new 5 Series owners who are a little disillusioned with the steering/ride comfort on their cars.

I took delivery of my new F10 last week and have now covered just over 500 miles. The ride comfort was quite good from the start (M Sport suspension & 19" Michelin runflats) but the steering pulled to the left slightly on moderately cambered roads, as well as feeling a little nervous in a straight line. I was contemplating a four wheel alignment as I was sure there was a geometry error but, before booking an appointment, I checked the tyre pressures. The supplying dealer had set the tyres to 34 psi front & 35psi rear. I deflated them to 31psi front & 32.5psi rear, as shown on the door sticker and the improvement is incredible! The ride was ok before, but now it's far more comfortable over sharp ridges and imperfections. There's no sign of the steering pull I'd felt before and straight line stability is also as it should be.

I'd urge owners to buy a decent gauge and check tyre pressures on a very regular basis. Even a small difference in pressures makes a huge difference in comfort and feel.
Appreciate 0